First, see if your website is fit to be added in our directory:
- Your website must have unique and quality content. Please do not submit your website if it's just another news gathering or "made for adsense" website.
- Do not submit mirror websites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content (more or less, more than 70% duplicate content), but have altogether different URLs.
- Do not submit websites that contain only the same or similar content as other sites you may have listed in our directory. Sites with overlapping and repetitive content are not helpfull to users. Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites, as well as beeing marked as spam (they can not be submitted again).
- Do not disguise your submission (different e-mail, name etc.) and submit the same website more than once.
- Do not submit any website with an address that redirects to another address (301, 302, Meta redirect etc).
- We have a policy against the inclusion of sites with illegal content. Examples of illegal material include child pornography; libel; material that infringes any intellectual property right; and material that specifically advocates, solicits or abets illegal activity (such as fraud or violence). Such websites will NOT be included.
- Do not submit websites "under construction". Wait until a website is complete before submitting it. Websites that are incomplete, contain "under construction" notices or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory. They will not be added.
- Do NOT submit pornographic, gambling or online pharmacy websites. It doesn't matter if they're educational or not, because there is a specific policy that will be applied. They will not be added.
- Submit non-English sites to the appropriate category under Regional and ONLY under Regional.
- Don't submit sites consisting only or largely of affiliate links.
Choosing the right category
- Please suggest your website in the deepest category possible, for your niche. Doing this will greatly increase your chances of beeing accepted.
- Websites suggested in abnormally wrong categories will be deleted.
- Websites suggested in Top level categories will be deleted.
- Websites suggested in multiple categories will be deleted from all categories.
- Websites suggested in different categories, but containing the same content, will be deleted.
- Please suggest websites in the most relevant category available, relevant to your MAIN website content ( eg. if you are an IT consultancy company and also have a page on IT books, please submit your website to the IT Consultancy category and not to the IT Books category).
Choosing the right title and description
- Titles in languages other than English, won't be accepted, unless the title represents a brand or trademark.
- Descriptions in languages other than English, won't be accepted. Even in the Regional category, the description must be in English.
- Please supply a short and descriptive title. Altough we do accept "extended" title anchors and we know webmasters are eager to rank higher with their websites, we do not endorse a spam title. After all the title should reflect the product/company not just a set of keywords (always opt for the official name of the site). Please use a maximum of 4 words in the title.
- Do not use ALL CAPITAL letters.
- Exclude promotional language in the title or description. If we find prices, telephones, addresses, postal numbers, e-mails, URLs or words like "the best", "the coolest", "the largest" as well as any other promotional terms, your website will be deleted.
- Do not use extra exclamation marks (if an exclamation mark, or other characters are part of the brand, you can include it, e.g. Yahoo!) or other types of letters or numbers in the title or the description.
- Keep the description of your site brief - no longer than 30 words. A well-written, objective description will make your website's listing easier and faster. Do not stuff keywords in the title or the description.
- Do not use any HTML or any other programming/scripting language tags.
- Write in complete sentences and/or descriptive phrases using proper grammar, punctuation and correct spelling. If any website is submitted "in a hurry" and contains mispelled or wrong words, it will be deleted. The most common mistake is people using lower case letters for the first word of the title or description.
- Do not use ALLCAPS in your description. Also, do not use CAPS at the beggining of each word.
- Don't repeat the title of your website in the description. This is a very important issue.
Read the above carefully. That's it. :)